Welcome to the Blue Valley Sportsmans Club
New Years Day SHOOT
Let’s start the New Year off with a bang or several bangs, so load up your shells. Steve will be deep frying a couple of turkeys, please bring a side dish to share. We are sure that we will have a fun day of shooting and if the weather is too bad bring a pocket full of money and Steve plans on teaching everyone how to play poker! Anticipate starting somewhere around 10.
Steve Schake, President of the Blue Valley Sportsman Club, addressing the audience at the 2017 Central Rockies Friends of the NRA Fund raising banquet held in Silverthorne, Colorado this past May. Steve described the new berm and thanked the Friends of the NRA for their financial support to complete the project.
NEW SAFETY FEATURE ADDED TO BLUE VALLEY SPORTSMAN CLUB SHOOTING RANGE
Thanks to funding provided by a grant from the Friends of the NRA, the Blue Valley Sportsman Club (BVSC) was able to construct an earthen berm this past spring to separate the rifle range and trap range. The berm is about 150 feet long and 8 feet and provides a barrier between the two ranges which alleviates potential errant rifle shots from entering the shotgun range and also provides a sound barrier between the two ranges. Prior to construction of the berm, use of the 300, 400, and 500 yard rifle ranges was not permitted during shotgun shooting activities. With the new berm, the complete shooting range can be utilized at all times with no closures necessary due to safety concerns.
Thanks to Zach from the Town of Silverthorne for the new aerial photo of the club.
Pay Your Dues
- Download the application page and Download the Range Rules.
- Bring the application and range rules along with proof of your NRA membership, to the next club meeting (the first Wednesday of each month) at the clubhouse and pay your dues then.
- Click HERE to renew your membership.
Hours of Operation
Rifle and pistol ranges are open to club members during daylight hours, 7 days a week. The 200 - 500 yard rifle range is closed when Trap #3 is in use.
The Blue Valley Sportsman Club is located at Mile Post 128.1 on Colorado Highway 9, approximately 27 miles north of Silverthorne, and 11 miles south of Kremmling, just north of the Summit/Grand county line. For an illustrated map, click here.
- Next club meeting scheduled for Wed. Jan. 3 at 7 PM at the range.
- Meetings for the months of Dec.-Mar are weather dependent.
- Check the website 3 hrs. prior for cancellation notice.
- Click here to fill out the membership application or email email@example.com